The conference will be held at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, which is located in "Mala Strana", the famous historical district of Prague. The building itself has been recently carefully renovated, reconstructing the architectural style of a Jesuit College. Prague is a charming city with a long medieval history.
The following picture is taken from the lower part of the Lesser Town Square (Malostranske namesti). The school is the white building in the center. The Prague Castle on the horizont is a popular tourist sight. You can find a map here (mapy.cz) or here (Google maps).
|The address is|
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Malostranske namesti 25
How to travel to the conference location
Traveling from the airport
You can take:
- a taxi: ask for "Malostranske namesti, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics", the cost is aproximatly 500 CZK
- an airport minibus: say "Malostranske namesti, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics", the cost is aproximatly 360 CZK for up to 4 persons
- public transport: take bus no. 119 to the final stop (Metro station Dejvicka, green line), then follow the instructions for travelling 'from anywhere in Prague' bellow. The single transfer ticket for 75 minutes costs 26 CZK
You can find the web site of the Prague airport (code PRG) here.
Traveling from the railway station
There are several railway stations in Prague, but the following three are the most suitable:
- Hlavni nadrazi (Main station): this the most probable station of your arrival. The advantage is that this station is connected with the metro station of the same name (red line). Therefore just go to Metro and follow instructions for travelling 'from anywhere in Prague' bellow.
- Nadrazi Holesovice: ask people for the stop of tram no. 12, take it to the stop Malostranske namesti (7th stop, 15min).
- Smichovske nadrazi: take tram no. 12 or 20 to the stop Malostranske namesti (8th stop, 15 min).
Traveling from anywhere in Prague
First, you need to find the nearest Metro station. Then, depending on the line A, B or C, choose one of the following ways:
- Metro A (green line): go to Malostranska station, then continue by tram no. 12, 20, 22 to Malostranske namesti station (1st stop, 2min)
- Metro B (yellow line): go to Narodni trida station, then continue by tram no. 22 Malostranske namesti (4th stop, 10min)
- Metro B (yellow line): go to Andel station, then continue by tram no. 12 Malostranske namesti (5th stop, 10min)
- Metro C (red line): go to I.P. Pavlova station, then continue by tram no. 22 Malostranske namesti (7th stop, 15min)
A single transfer ticket for 75 minutes costs 26 CZK. The ticket is valid for Metro, all trams, and buses with numbers less than 300
You can find all information about the Prague public transportation here.