[NSWI004] Assignment 03 (threads and cooperative scheduler)

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Nov 3 05:53:39 CET 2020

Dear all,

we just published assignment 03 in the team upstream repository. The
goal of this assignment is to add basic support for kernel threads and a
cooperative scheduler to your kernel.

This is a second team assignment. If you have not formed a team yet,
please, do it ASAP, deadline for A02 is next week.

The deadline for this assignment is 2020-11-23 AoE.

IMPORTANT NOTE: there is a change in kernel_main(): tests are now
executed in a new kernel thread. Therefore, after merging code for AO3
*all tests will fail* until you implement rudimentary support for
threads. Please, merge with care with respect to submission of A02 (i.e.
tag code for A02 properly or do not merge into master all new commits
from upstream).

Note that for successful submission of A03, A02 tests still have to
pass. Also note that we added some small improvements to MSIM (mostly
related to nicer register dump) so you may wish to upgrade your
installation (COPR package was already rebuilt).

As usual: if you have any questions, do not hesitate to use this
mailing-list or ask during on-line Zoom labs.

Best regards,
- Vojtech Horky