[NSWI004] Copying code from labs

Martin Zimen zimenm at seznam.cz
Fri Nov 27 21:37:16 CET 2020

Hello,
 I'm little bit confused how I'm supposed to proceed with implementation of
mutex when I attended the Friday labs. We were presented with solution to
the problem of mutex implementation and I don't know how much are we now
expected to come with a solution of our own. Are we expected to just copy/
rewrite the solution from labs and tweak it a little bit to fit our existing
code? Are we expected to attend the labs and then, when implementing our
solution, try to look into it as little as possible? It's a little bit weird
solving a problem when I was already presented with a solution.

Basically the question could be split into two parts - how much are we *
allowed* to copy presented solution and how would you *recommend* to
approach these labs (you mentioned you are considering to have more in the
future)? I mean do you recommend to attend the labs/watch the video only if
we are in trouble? Or should I attend the labs regardless (maybe to learn
development workflow, code style, etc; maybe it contains important notes and
thoughts to that subject)? Should I try to implement the problem first and
then watch the video to check my solution? Is it useful to watch a solution
after I implemented it when I have your feedback to my code specifically (no
irony intended, I'm genuinely curious)? Do I loose anything when I copy the
solution from video instead of writing it from head?

Thank you for your answers

Martin Zimen