[NSWI004] Assignment 01 (introduction to kernel)

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 5 19:27:10 CEST 2020

Dear all,

we just published assignment 01 (you shall see a new repository in your
GitLab). The goal of this assignment is to introduce you to kernel-side
programming.

You already did most of the work for this assignment as the main task is
to port your printf function from A00 into your kernel. There are other
smaller tasks too but printk is the most important one.

The deadline for this assignment is 2020-10-19 AoE. Note that this
assignment is individual.

If you cannot access your a01 repository, please, let me know ASAP.

We also published a set of exercises [1] that will guide you through the
first steps of using MSIM simulator and through the first instructions
that boot your kernel.

[1] https://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/teaching/nswi004/exercises-kernel-intro/

Best regards,
- Vojtech Horky