[NSWI004] before class quiz

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Oct 7 14:30:21 CEST 2020

Hello.

Dne 07. 10. 20 v 9:56 Natalia Potocekova napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if my first mail was deliverd to you, so I'll try again.

As mentioned during the labs: prefer sending plain text e-mails to
mailing lists (not HTML ones).

> I used ldd command and I wanted to check each file with objdump -t
> file_name command
>
> However the output is "empty":
> input:
>      objdump -t file_name
>
> output:
> file_name:     file format elf64-x86-64
>
> SYMBOL TABLE:
> no symbols
>
> Do you know what might be wrong?

For system-installed binaries, the symbol table is often stripped to
save disk space.

You can also compare output of this command on your own binary (e.g.
a.out) before and after running strip a.out.

Hope this helps,
- VH