[NSWI004] Q4 in 02-code-stack-graded

Petr Tůma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Oct 11 15:13:45 CEST 2020

Hi Georgii,

yes, you're right, that's the AT&T syntax. I still call it "Intel x86 assembly" because it refers to the assembly language accepted by the Intel x86 processors (as opposed to for example "MIPS assembly".

I try to stick to the AT&T syntax in the quizzes mostly because it is the default syntax for the GCC suite of tools (it can be changed using "-masm=intel"). Personally, I think the Intel syntax is slightly more readable though.

Regards, Petr