[NSWI004] heap_init

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Oct 23 08:07:19 CEST 2020

Hello.

Dne 23. 10. 20 v 8:00 Georgii Ekserdzhian napsal(a):
> Fair enough) I didn't call it in main. I kinda assumed it's called
> somewhere else.
> Do tests call it though? heap/basic is always failing for me because it
> always says that malloc always returns NULL. So I assume that my bumper
> pointer is not initialized when the test is run.

Please, see [1]. The tests are executed via kernel_main() too.

https://gitlab.mff.cuni.cz/teaching/nswi004/2020/upstream/team-assignment/-/blob/master/README-a02.md#L108

As another hint: you can use "git grep" to quickly search through the
sources to see where the function is called (another option is gtags +
htags for HTML clickable output).

Cheers,
- VH