[NSWI004] simple_printf

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Sep 28 17:54:29 CEST 2020

Hello.

Dne 28. 09. 20 v 16:55 Georgii Ekserdzhian napsal(a):
> Good evening, while implementing simple_printf,  I suppose we are not
> allowed to use actual printf?

Exactly. You are supposed to implement the mini-parsing etc. with your
own code.

Generally, we are okay if you use existing code (with proper citing,
though!) for the part that is not directly related to the assignment at
hand.

So if you want to use e.g. red-black trees from Linux, it is okay
because that is not the purpose of the exercise. However, calling
library printf or copying portions of it from other systems is not
allowed because that is the objective of the assignment.

We expect that you will need only putchar, malloc and free (and perhaps
strlen) from the standard library to complete this assignment.

Hope this makes sense.

- VH