[OSy] gdb how

Martin Decky decky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Nov 9 10:42:02 CET 2016

> another issue. GDB says that _kernel_end == 0. (If I run it on
> unmodified Kalisto.) (_kernel_end should be the first free address after
> kernel.)

Why are you interested in the value of _kernel_end? The value has no
specific meaning. You should be concerned just with the address of this
variable, not with the value.

On the other hand, the value seems perfectly reasonable. There is
probably some valid physical memory just past the kernel binary where
the _kernel_end is located (given the msim.conf that ships with Kalisto)
and this memory is initialized to 0.

M.D.