[OSy] Results of task #5B + assert explanation

Vojtech Horky horky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Dec 19 21:29:46 CET 2018

Dear all,

the results of the latest labs (task #5, group B) are now in SIS. If you
have passed, you should see a check mark in "Task 5 (labs)". If your
implementation does not work as expected (and sometimes even if it
does), you should find a short explanation in "Task 5 (notes)".

Please contact me ASAP if you find any discrepancies.

Regarding the issue I discussed with several of you regarding the assert
for cpuid == 0: I am sorry for the caused confusion as I explained the
matter incorrectly during the labs.

The assert is still needed there as the solution actually works on
single CPU only because there is only single queue. For proper
implementation on multiple CPUs, there would have to be a special queue
(and everything) for each CPU (indexed by cpuid()). The implementation
then worked on multiple CPUs only because there was always one sender only.

- Vojtech Horky