[NSWI004] Article about GC from the lecture

Petr Tůma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 28 16:41:31 CET 2019

Hi,

you probably refer to the paper on comparing explicit heap (malloc and free) with garbage collection ? That would be "Quantifying the performance of garbage collection vs. explicit memory management" (https://doi.org/10.1145/1103845.1094836). Note that the paper is a bit old these days so the exact numbers no longer apply, but what I think still does apply is the general "1/x" shape of the "overhead-vs-memory-available" plots.

If it was another paper you had in mind, let me know ?

Petr