[NSWI004] Stuck on syscall return

Patrik Smelik patrik.smelik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:25:58 CET 2020

Hi,

Since yesterday, we are stuck on this problem. Userspace process is created
fine, syscall handling also works, e.g. for print it prints out what it
needs to, but when returning from syscall, i.e. jumping back to userspace,
the application suddenly terminates. I fed the cpu_jump_to_userspace
function context->sp and context->epc as arguments.The problem is that the
context->sp is set to 0 for some reason, which i believe isn't the correct
input for the jump. I traced the change to the memcpy method, so to when
the binary image is being copied, but i'm currently stuck here.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Patrik Smelik