[NSWI004] Trouble with process initiation

TomasSvoboda111 TomasSvoboda111 at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 16 21:36:15 CET 2020

Sorry. This mail wasn't meant for this thread.
---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: TomasSvoboda111 <TomasSvoboda111 at seznam.cz>
Komu: Operating Systems Course <nswi004 at d3s.mff.cuni.cz>
Datum: 16. 2. 2020 21:33:39
Předmět: Re: [NSWI004] Trouble with process initiation
"Uz jem na to koukal a ted mam problem ze z userspaceu nemuzu zavolat
syscall.
---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Martin Koreček <martinkorecek23 at gmail.com>
Komu: nswi004 at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Datum: 16. 2. 2020 19:56:19
Předmět: [NSWI004] Trouble with process initiation
"Hello.

We are unable to initiate the userspace processes. We set the $ra and
$status in the process thread context and also set the SP, which seems
to be the problem.
It seems like a TLB exception is raised inside cpu_switch_ context when
SP should be modified, which maybe makes sense. Using the virtual SP
address perhaps isn't a good idea, since cpu_switch_context isn't
running in the correct AS yet (or so I think). Neither does using the
physical or kernel address.
Are we doing it completely wrong, or is there a simple fix to make this
work?

(the commit SHA is bc32b91866426118e65dcc3e8c8d788ca8005893)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Regards,
Martin Koreček (and team sleeping_turtle)

NSWI004 mailing list
NSWI004 at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
"