[NSWI004] Assignment 5: Bitmap shrinks unexpectedly

Péťa Emmerová petra.emmerova at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:47:43 CET 2020

Hello,
we decided to use a bitmap for frame allocator. Firstly, we initialize
bitmap in frame_init, and then print out the length of it, which seems to
be fine. We then try to allocate the frames after the bitmap. But then,
when we take a look at bitmap's length during a frame allocation, it's
length unexpectedly drops to 16. Moreover, although all frames in bitmap
should be set to zero, they aren't, they contain random values.
We would appreciate any help or hint how to work with the heap.
Sincerely, Team Datel