[MWy] Middleware labs assignment 2: Mar 24 10:40

Vlastimil Babka babka at dsrg.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Mar 22 13:21:45 CET 2010

Good afternoon,

the second lab class will be held this Wednesday for the group 'Středa
liché týdny' as stated in the subject and the other groups will follow
according to the schedule on the web of the course.

The topic will be CORBA in C++. We therefore recommend to practice CORBA
IDL, mapping from IDL to the C++ language, C++ programming in general
and (for those not fluent in Linux programming) the basic usage of GCC,
make etc.

The implementation that we will use is omniORB 4.1.4. The following URL
contains the binary of omniORB for Linux/x86 and is intended for
unpacking into home directory - there is no need to install the binary
system-wide. We will use this binary also in the lab.

http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/~ceres/sch/mwy/download/omniORB-4.1.4-bin.tar.gz

Older version and build is available in case you have older libraries:

http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/~ceres/sch/mwy/download/omniORB-4.1.2-bin.tar.gz

The archive on the following URL:

http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/~ceres/sch/mwy/download/as2.zip

contains:

* The preliminary assignment description in Czech and English (Task.*.txt)

* The slides with additional information (Agenda.*.pdf)

* The Example directory with example client, server for a simple IDL
and Makefile.

* CORBA C++ Language Mapping specification.

Best Regards,
Vlastimil Babka