[MWy] Middleware message to students

Vladimir Matena matena at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Mar 9 14:49:53 CET 2017

Dear students,

next week I will give you assignment for the second homework. It will be
all about CORBA and C++. Regarding the software we will use, there are
two options:

1) OmniORB. The OminORB is opensource library and it should be very easy
to obtain, but it uses rather old C++ mapping and may be a bit less
intuitive to use.

2) TAOX11 by Remedy IT. It provides C++11 mapping which might be easier
to use (at last if you know modern C++). The downside is that you need
to request an evaluation license to use it. You can ask for it here:
http://www.remedy.nl/products/taox11.html .

Feel free to chose your option, both variants will be treated the same
way. Just in case you choose the TAOX11, you need to ask for license and
it might take some time.

All other announcements will be done using the mailing list: