Seminar v pondeli v 9:00

Tomas Bures bures at dsrg.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Nov 28 14:06:13 CET 2008

Dobry den,

rad bych vas pozval na seminar, ktery se kona netradicne pristi tyden v
pondeli 1.12. od 9:00:

Rolf Hennicker (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München): On the
Observable Behaviour of Composite Components

The crucial strength of the component paradigm lies in the possibility
to encapsulate behaviours. In this work, we focus on the observable
behaviour of composite components which encapsulate the behaviour of
(possibly large) assemblies of connected subcomponents. We first present
our general component model which is equipped with a precise formal
semantics allowing us to distinguish systematically different kinds of
behaviours for ports, for components, and for component assemblies;
technically we use UML2 notation for describing component structures and
I/O-transition systems for behaviours. Then we investigate an efficient
method for the computation of the observable behaviour of composite
components which can circumvent the possibly infeasible intermediate
computation of the usually complex behaviour of underlying assemblies if
there are behaviourally neutralnsubcomponents. Finally, we utilise the
fact that components are connected via ports such that checks for
behavioural neutrality of components can be reduced to checks for
behavioural neutrality of connected ports in the case of weakly
deterministic port behaviours.

S pozdravem,
Tomas Bures