Fwd: [All] Pozvanka na seminar

Vlastimil Babka babka at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Feb 7 15:02:44 CET 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[All] Pozvanka na seminar
Date: 	Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:48:25 +0100
From: 	Tomas Bures <bures at d3s.mff.cuni.cz>
To: 	all at d3s.mff.cuni.cz

Rad bych vas pozval na seminare toto utery a stredu:

     *Mirco Tribastone /(LMU, Munich): /*/Process Algebras for
     Performance Evaluation: An Overview/

This talk gives an overview of recent research concerning the use of
stochastic process algebras for the quantitative analysis of
hardware/software systems. The talk consists of three parts. The first
part will introduce some basic notions on the usual discrete-state
interpretation of models as continuous-time Markov chains. The second
part will discuss deterministic approximations with ordinary
differential equations for the analysis of large-scale models defined
with the stochastic process algebra PEPA. Finally, the third part will
conclude with comparisons against other approaches in the literature
and, if time permits, with a discussion of open problems and ongoing
research to tackle them.

     *Andrew McVeigh*: /Evolve - An Architectural Approach to Extensible
     Applications/

Extensible applications can be extended and customized by third party
developers. This is an increasingly popular style (e.g. NetBeans,
Firefox, Eclipse), but experience has shown that these applications are
difficult to build, as they require the application creators to predict
expected types of extensions in advance. We address this by adding three
constructs to an ADL, allowing both reuse and evolution to be captured
in the design phase. This fully aligns initial creation and subsequent
extension, whilst retaining an architectural focus. We show the
applicability to extensible systems where even unplanned extension is
catered for. We will also demonstrate our toolset support for the
approach, featuring automated structural consistency checking. At the
end of the presentation, there will be an opportunity for a hands on
tutorial.n

Ve stredu zacneme kvuli kratkym statnicim rano nejspise az v deset.
Stredecni seminar bude nasledovan tutorialem pro ty, kteri si budou
chtit zmineny komp. model prakticky zkusit.

T.

--
Tomas Bures, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor