[NSWI004] Problems with installing msim

Katarína Dančejová katarina.dancejova at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:30:35 CEST 2020

Hello,
I have some trouble with installing msim on my Windows. I cloned the
repository from git and tried to use the "./configure && make install" on
my Ubuntu subsystem and also Cygwin. However, the problems occurred in both
cases:

: not found: 16: ./configure:
./configure: 32: ./configure: Syntax error: newline unexpected (expecting
")")

I was able to fix the problem on line 16 by typing a "#" at the beginning
of the line, but I don't know how to fix line 32:

## -------------------- ##

# Be more Bourne compatible
DUALCASE=1; export DUALCASE # for MKS sh
if test -n "${ZSH_VERSION+set}" && (emulate sh) >/dev/null 2>&1; then :
  emulate sh
  NULLCMD=:
  # Pre-4.2 versions of Zsh do word splitting on ${1+"$@"}, which
  # is contrary to our usage.  Disable this feature.
  alias -g '${1+"$@"}'='"$@"'
  setopt NO_GLOB_SUBST
else
  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in #(
  *posix*) :
    set -o posix ;; #(
  *) :
     ;;
esac      <---- line 32
fi

Some of my classmates used linux subsystem to compile it, too, and
the installation was OK. Can anyone help me, please?

Best regards
Katarína Dančejová