[NSWI004] Problems with installing msim

Petr Tuma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Oct 17 13:03:32 CEST 2020

Hi,

do not try to edit the `configure` script, that is almost certainly a wrong thing to do.

Line 16 in the `configure` script is empty, and there are only comment lines preceding that. If your system reports a "not found" error with an empty filename, it could be that you have checked out the files with a Windows git client that replaces the Linux line endings (LF) with Windows line endings (CRLF), and your Linux subsystem is then confused. Obviously, I'm just guessing, this is what you could try though:

- Check out a fresh copy of the repository and use a hex file viewer to determine whether line endings in the script are just LF or CRLF.

- Just check out the repository inside the Linux subsystem using a Linux git client.

Petr

--
Petr Tuma
Distributed and Dependable Systems