[NSWI004] Quiz updates and grading updates

Petr Tuma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Oct 16 21:31:19 CEST 2020

Hello,

as always (well, for the second time now :-), the upstream repository was updated with the graded quiz and new self study instructions. Please merge from upstream and do not forget to commit and push your answers before the standard deadline, Thursday noon local time.

Also, I apologize to those of you who have received a grading update with zero points for the second graded quiz even though they submitted both the graded quiz and the self study quiz on time. It turns out some of you use quite unexpected workflow when merging your updates and upstream, and we had to patch our automation again to recognize the correct commit. The grading should be correct now, if you still have zero points please check your git log and let us know which commit you believe is the right one to consider.

Two details:

- We have realized you may not want to discuss your grading on this list, hence we have created an additional mail alias, teachers-nswi004 at d3s.mff.cuni.cz, which you can use to contact us privately with any matter concerning the course (the alias is read by me, Vojtech Horky and Lubomir Bulej).

- For those who edit the quizzes on the web. When you merge from upstream, it may help a bit if you update your master from origin first (that is, do "git pull" before you do "git fetch upstream"), so that your local repository contains the latest edits you did on the web (we think our scripts should cope with this now, but we thought so last week too :-).

In the meantime, have a nice weekend !

Petr

--
Petr Tuma