[OSy] Debugger - GUD

osyv at post.cz osyv at post.cz
Sun Nov 6 16:44:14 CET 2016

Sorry, should have composed the message in English. Here is a translation:

Hello,

it came to my mind that someone may make use of a graphical debugger. There is a link to an Eclipse plugin in mailing list but I can't tell
how well it actually works. However, I did manage to make work GUD for emacs - https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/GDB-Graphical-Interface.html.

Just use msim debugging  - http://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/~holub/sw/msim/reference.html#cmd_gdb and corresponding commands for remote debugging
in gdb (Czech: https://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/pipermail/osy/2011-November/001908.html).  The difference is that mipsel-linux-gnu-gdb is run by emacs
extended command M-x (alt+x / menu key) "gdb" with additional option -i=mi. In order to speed up launching debugger, one can use
gdb option -x and write initial gdb commands for connection etc. into file. If browsing the files with emacs, it may be better using absolute paths for loaded files for msim or gdb.

Breakpoints can be added by clicking on the fringe of the source file window or by M-x "gud-break" command. Instead of gdb continue command,
M-x "gud-cont" can be used. Alternatively, shortcuts can be used.

Jan Vinárek