[OSy] Extended Assignments and deadlines

Martin Decky decky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Nov 6 23:34:07 CET 2016

Dear Mr. Hrach,

> However, if I understand it correctly, if I don't manage to get the lab assignment working during the lab tomorrow, I will have only three days to implement and submit the extended assignment. Is this correct?

Well, technically, you have always had 14 days to implement the extended
assignment, as everyone else. But if you only start working on it after
the labs tomorrow, then you will, of course, only have 3 days and maybe
some 10 hours left.

However, we try to make the labs assignments doable and also the
extended assignments should be doable in 3 days.

> What is the recommended strategy?

For maximizing your options follow these guidelines:

1. Always implement the extended assignment, ideally before the first
    labs. You will improve your chances of successfully implementing the
    labs assignment (since the assignments are closely related) and in
    the worst case you will obtain the "conditionally fulfilled" status.

2. Visit both labs to maximize your chances of obtaining the
    "fulfilled" status. We don't forbid this (the two labs assignments
    are understandably different), but have your own laptop (and
    possibly your own chair) ready in case the local computers are all
    taken by the students who are officially enlisted to that labs.

M.D.