[OSy] 6th labs

Martin Decky decky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Nov 22 17:14:31 CET 2016

Dear all,

since the success rate of the labs assignments is currently below our
expectation, we have decided to add an extra 6th labs some time during
the semester. This should provide additional opportunity to get the labs
credits even for those who have failed the first two labs so far
(without changing the other rules established at the beginning of the
course).

If you have some special preference on when the 6th labs should be
scheduled, please let us know.

Regarding the failed labs, we have observed two main patterns:

* Not enough confidence with the source code of Kalisto. Let me stress
   again that it is really helpful for everyone to try to tackle the
   extended assignments (even if you don't really plan to finish it),
   because the labs assignments are really very related and the
   hands-on experience with the relevant parts of the code is handy.

* Not enough confidence with some advanced C constructs.

In both cases if you feel that you lack the confidence, please contact
us and arrange for a consultation. The true purpose of the Operating
Systems course is to teach you this stuff.

M.D.