[OSy] Anybody experiencing problems with libiconv on OS X ?

Martin Decky decky at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Oct 12 16:50:17 CEST 2016

Dear all,

> Incompatible library version: mipsel-linux-gnu-gcc requires version
> 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

The OS X binaries of the toolchain that are available on the course web
site were compiled against MacPorts (v10.11 for El Capitan), not against
Homebrew. That is the reason for the incompatibility. AFAIK, MacPorts
provide the genuine libiconv while Homebrew provides bsdconv.

> Any ideas as to what to do with this?

Building the toolchain from sources using the toolchain.mips.sh script
[1] is the best way to go. Note that I have just updated the script to
the latest binutils (2.27), GCC (6.2.0) and GDB (7.12). The precompiled
binaries will be updated in the following days.

[1]
http://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/teaching/operating_systems/download/toolchain.mips.sh

Best regards

Martin Decky