[NSWI004] Commiting results of assignment

Petr Tůma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 21 21:44:56 CEST 2019

Hi,

a short checklist for git issues:

1. Log into the web UI of gitlab (for example https://gitlab.mff.cuni.cz/teaching/nswi004/winter-2019-20/01-student-smelikp). Try to add or modify some file and commit your changes (e.g. click on "Add CHANGELOG" and then on "Commit changes").

Did it work ? If you get an error in this step, your rights for the repository are most likely wrong and you need to contact us.

2. Check if you are in the right repository. Type "git remote show origin" or look into the ".git/config" file if the "origin" url starts with git at gitlab and ends with your repository name (for example 01-student-smelikp).

3. Check if you have ssh access to the gitlab server. Type "ssh -T git at gitlab.mff.cuni.cz", the server should send back a "Hello" message. If you see an error instead, you may need to install your private key, see for example https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ssh (naturally you will need to adjust the links in the doc to point to gitlab.mff.cuni.cz rather than gitlab.com).

Sorry if I'm starting with too simple things - there are big differences between individual students wrt git skills. In any case, please send your queries with a bit more information (what command you are typing, on what system, in what directory, what exactly is the error message).

Thanks Petr