[NSWI080] HW 2 - questions

Petr Šťavík stavikpetr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 16:19:20 CET 2019

Hello, I have a few questions about the second assignment.

Firstly - I don't really understand the following note in the task 6 "Do
not forget that with the default POA policy, methods of server_i are
executed in multiple threads and thus proper snychronization is required".
In my server implementation, there is no data that could be shared among
multiple threads, so I am not sure what to synchronize here. Maybe - do you
mean that we should synchronize access to the default CORBA structures like
POA table as they are not thread-safe (that means synchronizing method call
like _this() which registers the object)?

Secondly - I am not sure how to implement few server methods, like the Idle
method. Instance returned to the client by connect method is exclusive for
that client, so it is always idle. Or am I getting something wrong?

Thank you for your answers.

--
S pozdravem Petr Šťavík