[NSWI131] 03-counter-spinner - papi problem

Petr Tůma petr.tuma at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Mar 20 08:09:10 CET 2020

Hi,

this sounds like a PAPI installation problem. It's hard to debug with little information, but these are the steps I would try (if they do not help, please include exact log of what commands you were running and what was the output):

- Did you install using your distribution packages, or from the Git repository ? If the latter, did you do 'make install' ?

- Do the 'papi_avail' and 'papi_native_avail' commands work, when launched from any directory (not just the build directory) ?

- Do you have the PAPI library in your system default library path, e.g. /lib64/libpapi.so.* ?

Hope this puts you on the right path, Petr