[NSWI080] Middleware labs 3

Vlastimil Dort dort at d3s.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 15 06:23:31 CEST 2021

Dear students,
the third labs for NSWI080 Middleware will take place today at 12:20 on
Zoom.
The Zoom meeting ID is 958 0596 3307. The password will be the same as
before.
If you haven't received the password, contact me by e-mail.
Attending the meeting is not required, but doing a simple lab activity task
is required. Instructions will be published on the web
https://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/teaching/nswi080/labs/
For the lab activity and the third task, we will use JMS.
See Lecture notes on JMS:
https://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/files/teaching/nswi080/lectures/notes/ch02s08.html
The JMS provider we will use for the examples and tasks is ActiveMQ.
https://activemq.apache.org/
You can download ActiveMQ Artemis 2.17
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/
Alternatively, the ActiveMQ 5 classic implementation is also equally
supported:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/classic/download/
The differences for the purpose of these labs is very small:
-If you want to (optionally) use the JMS 2.0 Simplified API, choose Artemis.
-In the example code provided for the labs and the task, Artemis
examples use Maven, while ActiveMQ classic examples use simple shell
scripts.
Vlastimil Dort