Call for Papers
ManLang 2017 provides a forum for researchers, practitioners, and educators to present and discuss novel results on all aspects of managed languages and their runtime systems.
The conference proceedings will be published as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series and will be disseminated through the ACM Digital Library.
Abstract submission (extended): Monday June 26, 2017 (AoE) Paper submission (extended): Monday July 3, 2017 (AoE) Abstract submission: Friday June 23, 2017 Paper submission: Monday June 26, 2017 Paper acceptance notification: Monday August 7, 2017
- Poster submission (extended): Monday August 14. 2017
- Poster acceptance notification: Friday August 18, 2017
- Camera ready version due: Monday August 21, 2017
- VMM presentation proposal submission: Thursday August 31, 2017
- VMM presentation acceptance notification: Friday September 1, 2017
- Early bird registration: Friday August 18, 2017
- Standard registration latest: Thursday September 21, 2017
(on site registration also possible but capacity can be limited)
- Virtual machines
- Managed runtime systems (JVM, Dalvik VM and Android Runtime (ART), LLVM, .NET CLR, RPython, etc.)
- VM design and optimization
- VMs for mobile and embedded devices
- VMs for real-time applications
- Isolation and resource control
- Memory management
- Domain-specific languages
- Language design and calculi
- Language interoperability
- Parallelism and concurrency
- Modular and aspect-oriented programming
- Model-driven development
- Frameworks and applications
- Techniques and tools
- Static and dynamic program analysis
- Real-time systems
- Embedded systems
- Monitoring and debugging
- Security and information flow
- Workload characterization and performance evaluation
Do not hesitate to contact the Program Chair to clarify if a particular topic falls within the scope of ManLang '17.
Paper submission via EasyChair at http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=manlang2017.
- Poster submission via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List all authors and affiliations in the mail.
- Refer to the associated paper if any.
- Include PDF poster as attachment.
- VMM presentation proposal submission at https://ssw.jku.at/VMM17.
- Only title and abstract required.
- Presentation slot 15 or 30 minutes.
ManLang accepts four types of submissions:
- Regular research papers that describe novel contributions involving managed language platforms.
- Work-in-progress research papers that describe promising new ideas but have less maturity than full papers.
- Industry and tool papers that present technical challenges and solutions for managed language platforms in the context of deployed applications and systems.
- Posters (standalone or accompanying paper submission)
Research papers will be judged on their relevance, novelty, technical rigor, and contribution to the state-of-the-art. For work-in-progress research papers, more emphasis will be placed on novelty and the potential of the new idea than on technical rigor and experimental results. Industry and tool papers will be judged on their relevance, usefulness, and results. Suitability for demonstration and availability will also be considered for tool papers. Posters can accompany any submission, in particular to provide additional demonstration and discussion opportunities. Criteria for standalone posters will be similar to criteria for short papers.
ManLang 2017 submissions must conform to the ACM Policy on Prior Publication and Simultaneous Submissions and to SIGPLAN Republication Policy.
Regular research papers will be allowed up to 12 pages (excluding bibliography and appendix) in the proceedings, and work-in-progress research, industry, and tool papers will be allowed up to 6 pages (excluding bibliography and appendix). Posters can be accompanied by 1 page abstract. All papers must conform to the ACM Proceedings Template. Questions about paper topics and submission format can be directed to the PC chair.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the conference and present the paper.