Location and traveling
Prague is a charming city with a long medieval history. The conference will be held at the School of Computer Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, which is located in "Mala Strana", the famous historical district of Prague. The building itself has been recently carefully renovated, reconstructing the architectural style of a Jesuit College.
The following picture is taken from the lower part of the Lesser Town Square (Malostranske namesti). The school is the large one with the beige facade shown in the right-middle part of the photo.
You can find a map here.
The address is:
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Malostranske namesti 25
How to travel to the conference location
Traveling from the Václav Havel Airport Prague
You can take:
- a taxi: say "Malostranske namesti, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics", the cost is aproximatly 500 CZK
- an airport minibus: say "Malostranske namesti, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics", the cost is aproximatly 360 CZK for up to 4 persons
- public transport: take bus no. 119 to the final stop (metro station Nádraží Veleslavín, green line [A]), then follow the instructions for travelling 'from anywhere in Prague' below. The single transfer ticket for 90 minutes costs 32 CZK
Traveling from the Railway Station
There are several railway stations in Prague, but the following three are the most suitable:
- Hlavní nádraží (Main Station): This is the most probable station of your arrival. The advantage is that this station is connected with the metro station of the same name (red line [C]). Therefore just go into the metro and follow instructions for Travelling from Anywhere in Prague.
- Nádraží Holešovice (Station Holesovice): Please kindly ask somebody for the directions to the stop of tram no. 12 and take it to the stop Malostranské náměstí (10th stop, about 20 minutes).
- Smíchovské nádraží (Station Smichov): Take the tram no. 12 or no. 20 (just in front of the station building) to the stop Malostranské náměstí (8th stop, about 15 minutes).
Traveling from Anywhere in Prague
First, you need to find the nearest metro station. Then, depending on the line A, B or C, choose one of the following routes:
- Metro A (green line): Go to Malostranská station, then continue by tram no. 12, 20 or 22 to the stop Malostranské náměstí (1st stop, about 2 minutes).
- Metro B (yellow line): Go to Národní třída, then continue by tram no. 22 to the stop Malostranské náměstí (4th stop, about 10 minutes).
- Metro B (yellow line): Go to Anděl station, then continue by tram no. 12 or no. 20 to the stop Malostranské náměstí (5th stop, about 10 minutes).
- Metro C (red line): Go to I. P. Pavlova station, then continue by tram no. 22 to the stop Malostranské náměstí (7th stop, about 15 minutes).
A single transfer ticket for 90 minutes costs CZK 32. The ticket is valid for metro, all trams, and buses with numbers less than 300.
You can find useful information on the web site of the Prague Public Transportation Company.