Lectures and slides
The goal of the course is to provide an overview of basic concepts and current trends in mobile application development. The architecture and development principles of the leading mobile platform – Android. The course will take the from of a tutorial, where the concepts will be presented using real mobile apps. Students will work in small teams (2-3 members each) on a project to get a real experience with the selected platforms during the semester.
The project schedule follows:
- October 1 – December 1: Forming project groups and creating project specifications
- December 1: The project specification has to be accepted by a teacher
- February 28: Final version of the project
- April 15: Issues identified by teachers fixed
Only if following the aforementioned schedule, the students can be granted credits. The specification is to be submitted to Jan Kofroň.
- Randolph N., Fairbairn C.: Professional Windows Phone 7 Application Development, Wrox, 2010
- Meier R.: Professional Android 2 Application Development, Wrox, 2010
- Conway J., Hillegass A.: iPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2010
- Hashimi S., Komatineni S., Dave MacLean D.: Pro Android 2, Apress, 2010