Information below is not for the current semester. The current semester can be found here.Přeložit do češtiny pomocí Google Translate ...
Lab #1 (Feb 17 – Feb 21)
- What is Linux? What is GNU/Linux? What devices are suitable for running Linux? How old is Linux?
- Refresh your knowledge about networking (IP address, subnet mask, port, router, switch/bridge …).
- Refresh your knowledge about API for file I/O in Python.
- Introduction to GNU/Linux graphical interface.
- Logging-in to the machines in SU labs and in Rotunda.
- File system structure.
- Using clipboard.
- Introduction to GitLab.
Choose a suitable text (source code) editor (GUI one), learn how to use it effectively.
Set-up your desktop environment:
- Choose which window manager suites you the most.
- Set keyboard shortcuts to start terminal emulator, browser etc.
- Tune used fonts and colors.